2018 November Grand Sumo Tournament
2018 November Grand Sumo Tournament Banzuke Topics
- Mitakeumi holds the Sekiwake-rank for 3 consecutive tournaments. Counting since Showa Era, Mitakeumi ties now rank 7 being in Sanyaku for 11 consecutive tournaments.
- Ichinojo holds the Sekiwake-rank for 4 and is in Sanyaku for 5 consecutive tournaments.
- Takakeisho holds the Komusubi-rank for the 2nd consecutive tournament and is in Sanyaku for as long.
- Kaisei returns to the Komusubi rank he previously held in September 2016. It took him 13 tournaments to climb back up again.
- Daiamami returns to Makuuchi after 3 tournaments.
- Meisei returns to Makuuchi after 2 tournaments.
- Arawashi returns to Makuuchi after 2 tournaments.
- Gokushindo is the second Rikishi from Nishikido Beya to make his Juryo debut since the present Shisho founded it on the first of December 2002. The previous one had been Mitoryu in January.
- He is the 34th Rikiishi post WWII from Hyogo Prefecture, following Terutsuyoshi who had been promoted in January 2017.
- Tomokaze is the 10th Rikishi from Oguruma Beya to reach Juryo since the present Shisho founded it on the 23rd of March 1987. The previous one had been Yago in September of last year.
- He is the 18h Rikishi post WWII from Kanagawa Prefecture, following Asabenkei who was promoted in November 2015.
- Additionally, he is the 10th graduate of Nippon Sport Science University to achieve this. The previous one had been Chiyonoumi in July.
- Moreover, he is the129th Rikishi successful in amateur Sumo as a student to reach Juryo. The previous ones were Chiyonoumi and Churanoumi in July.
- Toyonoshima has returned to Juryo after 13 tournaments, the rank he previously held in September of 2016.
- Being 35 years and 4 months of age, he is now the 6th oldest Rikishi post WWII to achieve this.